How to make quick and easy soft Potato Pancakes stuffed with goeey and stretchy Mozzarella cheese.
This is the perfect side dish and party recipe!
▶ You may need to adjust the flour amount depending on the type of potatoes and flour you use. If you get slightly sticky dough, just add more flour until get a soft but not-sticky dough.
▶ POTATO BUBBLE CHIPS: https://bit.ly/30KMF7H
► POTATO SPIRALS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndQ83VeoTuY
► POTATO TRIANGLE SNACKS: https://bit.ly/3wWGI2y
► CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES: https://bit.ly/3ojCrVM
► POTATO CHEESE BALLS: https://bit.ly/3tt5Xbu
▶ GARLIC MOZZARELLA CHEESE BREAD: https://bit.ly/3mUlmyX
Please, leave a comment and subscribe to my channel for more recipe videos!
Video Gear Used For This Video:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2Im0Z8E
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2rKoWzl
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2Ii8vW9
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2rK0bDr
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2IleHN0
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2L30jH9
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2qZowZf
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2BY3s7B
Kitchen Tools Using In This Video:
Salt and Pepper Grinder:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/32E1ner
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/3tICABP
Portable Induction Cooktop:
RECIPE FOR 9 PANCAKES:
500 g (1 pound) potatoes, peeled and cubed
about 90 g (3/4 cup) all purpose flour + flour for coating
4 g (1 tsp) sugar
salt to taste
Mozzarella cheese or other cheese like Cheddar…
1. Peel the potatoes and chop in medium size chunks.
2. Boil potato chunks in salted water until fork tender.
3. Mash potatoes immediately when still hot with a fork (or a potato ricer or a potato masher) until smooth and creamy.
4. Add flour*, sugar, salt, pepper to the mashed potatoes and mix until get a not-sticky and slightly dry -but soft- mix. Don’t overmix or your mix could become too sticky.
* You may add slighlty more flour if your potatoes absorbs more water during cooking time and your dough is very sticky. You have to get a not-sticky potato dough.
5. Use a 4cm-1,5inch ice cream scooper to take 2 scoops of mashed potato mix.
6. Well flour your hands to avoid sticking, and form a disc.
7. Place about 1 tsp of chopped Mozzarella cheese in the center of the disc and roll to form a ball.
8. Slightly flat the ball, coat every side with some flour and place on a dish lined with parchment paper or well floured to avoid sticking.
9. Repeat and use all the mashed potato mix: you’ll get about 9 potato pancakes.
10. Heat a large non-stick pan with about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (I’ve used Peanut Oil) and cook every side at medium heat for about 5 minutes or until evenly browned.
11. Drain over paper towel and serve immediately.
You can store in refrigerator for 2 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.