Watch Daddy Lau teach us how to make his amazing Singapore Noodles, a Cantonese Classic. I can personally vouch that my dad’s recipe is absolutely DELICIOUS!
RECIPE + INGREDIENTS
Check out our blog for an adjustable list of ingredients and step-by-step videos:
SUPPORT OUR CHANNEL
If you enjoy these videos and want to support us being able to continue creating content for many years to come, we’d love for you to consider becoming a patron of Made With Lau.
CONNECT WITH US
COOKWARE WE USE/LOVE
– Electric Burner: https://geni.us/electricburner
– Non-Stick Wok: https://geni.us/nonstickwok
– Carbon Steel Wok: https://geni.us/carbonsteelwok
– Non-Stick Pan: https://shrsl.com/305jb
– Carbon Steel Pan: https://shrsl.com/305j9
– Stainless Steel Skillet: https://shrsl.com/305j8
– Cookware Set: https://shrsl.com/305j7
– 8 Quart Pot: https://shrsl.com/305j6
– Cookware Collections: https://shrsl.com/305j5
– Pan Protector: https://shrsl.com/305j0
– Carbon Steel Seasoning Wax: https://shrsl.com/305iz
KNIVES WE USE/LOVE
– Dad’s 40 year old Chinese Chef Knife: https://geni.us/dadschefknife, https://geni.us/Vtjn
– Chef Knife: https://shrsl.com/305is
– Santoku Knife: https://shrsl.com/305iu
– Starter Knife Set: https://shrsl.com/305iw
– Sharpening Stone Set: https://shrsl.com/305iy
KITCHEN ACCESSORIES WE USE/LOVE
– Magnetic Knife Strip (storage): https://shrsl.com/305j3
– Cutting Board: https://shrsl.com/305j2
– Instant Read Thermometer #1: https://geni.us/bluetooththermometer
– Instant Read Thermometer #2: https://geni.us/wirelessthermometer
– Food Scale: https://geni.us/ourfoodscale
DAD’S SPECIAL INGREDIENTS
If you don’t live near an Asian market, you buy these online / on Amazon:
– Sesame Oil: https://geni.us/bPkD
– Handcrafted Soy Sauce: https://bit.ly/handcrafted-soysauce
– Light Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/h5GrZ
– Light Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumlightsoysauce
– Dark Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/VIgg0
– Dark Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumdarksoysauce
– Rice Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/ZHJK
– Premium Oyster Sauce: https://bit.ly/gfoystersauce, https://geni.us/BplS8
– Chili Oil: https://geni.us/DX1vm
– Hoisin Sauce: https://geni.us/lmBz0
– Chicken Bouillon: https://geni.us/2Eu7CU
– Shaoxing Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/M93Zer
Options for Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
Options for Gluten Free Oyster Sauce
Note: These links are affiliate links, which means that if you use our links to purchase these ingredients, our family earns a small amount for the sale – at no extra cost to you. If you use these links, we really appreciate the support!
Char Siu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkCoAKTbHpQ&&list=PLvd5bo3J-_kq4FcYVCOK6ZR87dCGDqrSH&index=2
Archival HK footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWqNsFXK3s
⏲ CHAPTERS ⏲
00:00 – Intro
00:29 – Prepare noodles
02:58 – Prepare chicken
03:47 – Prepare veggies & aromatics
05:09 – Prepare char siu, prawns, eggs
06:11 – How curry and spices changed the world
07:04 – Create sauce
08:16 – Where are Singapore Noodles really from?
09:11 – Loosen noodles, heat wok & oil
09:44 – Cook everything
15:14 – Plate and taste
16:14 – Happy birthday Cam Cam!
17:01 – How do you stop the noodles from breaking?
17:29 – How do you avoid soggy noodles?
18:30 – What are substitutes for rice noodles?
18:53 – How do you evenly mix the veggies and meat?
19:11 – How do you make this vegetarian?
19:51 – What’s the best kind of curry to use?
20:31 – How to make it extra spicy?
20:50 – Why is it called Singapore Noodles?
21:15 – How to properly adjust mixing in the seasoning?
Learn more about the Lau family, and why we started this channel + blog:
Intro Flute Music – Performed by Daddy Lau
Copyright Chillhop Music – https://chll.to/49e6fa9c
Copyright Chillhop Music – https://chll.to/4ca8cc15
Overhead Camera Rig built by P.Oak – https://www.instagram.com/p.oak.co/
Edited By: Randy Lau, Nicole Cheng
Chinese Subtitles By: Gan Ying Zhi, Arlene Chiu