The world famous Malaysian and Indonesian signature dish – BEEF RENDANG, it’s soft, it’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s flavorful! The beef stew/curry made with many type of aromatic spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom & star anise including lemongrass, garlic, ginger, galangal and coconut milk.
Enjoying this video? Be sure to L I K E and S H A R E the love
WANT FREE MONEY?
GET $75 FREE by opening a new bank account: https://www.chime.com/r/erwinhartanti/
BEEF RENDANG RECIPE:
2 lb beef to/bottom round roast, sliced
12 clove garlic
20 pc shallots or 2 large purple onion
6 pc candlenuts
6 pc red Jalapeno (take out the seed) or 2 red bell pepper
10 pc red chili optional
2 inc ginger
2 inch galangal
2 stalk lemongrass (white part)
8 pc Kaffir lime leaf
2 pc turmeric leaf
4 pc bay leaf
200 ml water
800 ml coconut milk (2 can)
2 tsp coriander powder
1 ½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp clove powder or 8 pc
½ tsp cardamom powder or 6 pc
½ tsp cinnamon powder or 5 stick
2 tsp nutmeg powder or 1 whole
1 tsp star anise powder or 2 pc
1 tsp white pepper powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ tbsp salt to taste (to taste)
1-2 tsp sugar (to taste)
1 tsp mushroom powder (optional)
1 instant rendang paste (optional)
1. Prepare cut the beef into small but thick chunk (2″x1″) or as your preference, but not too big.
2. Using spice/coffee blender, add cardamon, star anise and clove, whizz until fine and transfer into a small bawl. (go to the next step if you already have all in powder)
3. Add the rest of dry spices.
4. Marinade the beef with only ½ mix dry spices save the other ½ for later, add salt then refrigerate overnight (8-12 hours)
This step is optional, but I like to marinate the beef for depth and intense flavor.
5. In a blender or food processor, add the shallots or purple onion, garlic, red chili, red jalapeno or bell pepper, and ginger (you can add the candle nut too but I like it blend separate). Whizz until become smooth paste.
6. Heat a large heavy bottomed pot or wok over medium to high heat, add coconut oil or vegetable oil, then add the paste you just blend. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until fragrant and change color.
Tip: using red Jalapeno and red chili, remove the seed or using red bell pepper for a less spicy taste.
7. Add turmeric leaf, Kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass, galangal, and bay leaves, cook for another 3 minutes. Meanwhile blend the candle nut and add it into the mix paste as well.
8. Add instant rendang paste (Optional but it make the taste so much better).
9. Mix well then add coconut milk, bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
10. Meanwhile cook the beef for 25-30 minutes in a pressure cooker, then add in to the mixture. alternatively cook the beef with mixture paste until it’s soft. Cook in a low heat until the liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally (can take up to 1-2 hours)
11. Add salt, sugar and mushroom powder (I like to add them at the end so I can taste and adjust)
12. The beef should now be very tender, fall apart at a touch. Keep cook until the liquid completely reduced and the sauce become very thick/almost dry and the beef become very brown/dark.
12. Serve with Jasmin rice. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I like to eat it in the next day for more intents flavor!
Leave comment bellow, if you like this recipe, don’t forget to like and subscribe! It will help boosting my video with the algorithm.
Hit the notification bell, so you don’t miss my other deliciousness.
Thank You for Watching.
BEAN (Benoa, Arthur, Nigel, and Erwina)
Copyright © 2021 Erwina and The Boys (Erwina Hartanti). All rights reserved.
All videos on Erwina and The Boys channel and any part of this video (including thumbnail images) MAY NOT be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without the written permission of the copyright holder.
Hello, My name is Erwina Hartanti, from Indonesia recently moved to England and then America.
I am a mom of 2 boys and Realtor® in North Carolina – USA
Let’s connect with me:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ErwinaandTheBoys
Website : https://erwinaandtheboys.com/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/Erwinaandtheboys
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/DapurIstriBule
My channel might contain some affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase.
(this purchase won’t cost you any more than if you were going to buy it normally)
I only recommend products that I use for my self and my family and my opinions/review are 100% honest.